Keith is an original member of the firm and has been a partner since 1995. Keith, a native Sacramentan,
obtained his undergraduate degree at UC Davis and his law degree from the University of Colorado at
Boulder, in 1987. Keith is admitted to practice in California and Colorado, as well as various federal
courts. Keith has 33 years of litigation experience in his practice area of general civil litigation, including
insurance bad faith, toxic torts, products liability, premises liability, construction and motor vehicles.
Keith is well connected throughout Northern California as a result of serving on the Board of Directors
for the Association of Defense Counsel for 10 years and as a Past President and current board member
of the California Defense Counsel, the legislative arm of the Association of Defense Counsel.
Keith is also active in the Sacramento Valley ABOTA Chapter. Keith was appointed by the Chief Justice in 2015
to serve on the Expedited Jury Trial Task Force which resulted in mandatory EJTs for Limited Civil
Actions. In 2016, Keith was appointed by the Chief Justice to serve on the Judicial Council’s Civil and
Small Claims Advisory Committee where he has served on the Unlimited and Complex Case, ADR, and
currently the Futures Commission subcommittees. In his free time, Keith is an avid golfer and also
enjoys fishing, hiking, kayaking, skiing and traveling.
- 1989 to Present - Schuering Zimmerman & Doyle, LLP, Sacramento, CA
- 1987 to 1989 - Weintraub, Genshlea, Hardy, Erich & Brown, Sacramento, CA
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 1987
- B.S. (Environmental Policy and Resource Economics), University of California, Davis, 1982
- Colorado, 1987
- California, 1988
- United States District Court, Northern District of California, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1987
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1988
Honors and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Sacramento Valley Chapter
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- Board of Directors, 2005 - 2015
- President’s Award - 2015
- Defense Research Institute
- California Defense Counsel
- President, 2015 - 2016
- At Large Member 2016-present
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Judicial Council Civil and Small Claims Advisory Committee
- Recent Legislation Impacting Your Civil Practice, Sacramento Legal Secretaries Association, October 2015.
- Proving the Value of Past and Future Medical Expenses Under Recent Court Decisions.
Employers Mutual Casualty Company on March 21, 2014.
- Handling Policy Limit Demands – How Not to Lose a Client (and Avoid Getting Sued).
Association of Defense Counsel meeting, San Francisco, December 12, 2013.
- Do's and Don'ts and Helpful Hints - Young Lawyers Seminar, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Sacramento, CA, March 23, 2012.
- Taking and Defending Depositions – Tips and Techniques in Defending Your Client’s Deposition as well as Taking the Depositions of Plaintiffs and Key Witnesses. Basic Training for Civil Defense Attorneys, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Sacramento, CA, September 18, 2012.
- Soccer (coach for 14 years)
- Road trips/travel